Friday, July 23, 2010

New Photo and News for Ella

I forgot to add Ella's new photo! She's 17 and a half in this photo! Still not smiling, but that seems to be her personality. A sweetheart but she seems shy and understandably so. I made a request to learn what future plans she'd like to follow for her education (college or some sort of professional training), and the response was that now that she was done with high school she had made the decision not to continue her education. She is already working two jobs and makes up more than half of the $100/month that the family is bringing in. This includes raising three younger sisters. I feel sad that has to work so hard already and that it appears there's nothing I can do to help in that direction. I did send in an SNG though to provide her mother with a washer/dryer. Her mother is a laundry worker who has been doing it by hand all these years. Her eldest daughter is 29 so I can only guess on the mother's age - but I can't imagine even a young woman holding up under that kind of work for long. I wish them the best of luck.

1 comment:

  1. The washer and dryer should really benefit by helping her to be more efficient and possibly bringing in more income. Ella is very pretty and responsible for helping her family out. I hope that she can continue her education one day.

    ReplyDelete