Saturday, June 12, 2010

New Child...and some mail



So I caved and got a third child to sponsor - Mohammad, age 11. This is definitely my final child though. I had been keeping tabs on him ever since I had decided on Sayonika. I thought it would be nice to also have a boy in the mix, and he was on the same page as two other Mohammads who had been waiting for a while. I figured the name might make it take longer to get sponsored. Besides who could resist a smile like that? I have four other pictures on his file though so I've been able to see how he's grown through the years.

It turns out he's actually had two other sponsors before me. I find that a bit disheartening, but I intend to be the last! He has three siblings, an older brother and two younger sisters. One of the sisters is also sponsored but the other other siblings are not enrolled in the program. Based on the description of where he lives it sounds a bit like an apartment? It's concreted everything...walls, ceiling, floor. And community facilities.

---
So along with Mohammad's sponsorship packet that came in the mail today, I also got a welcome letter from the director in India (for Sayonika). And an updated letter on Ella Marie. I was hoping there was going to be a new picture in the last one but there wasn't. I find that odd since usually with the annual update I get a picture...and it's been over a year now. Still hoping it comes soon!

1 comment:

  1. He has a terrific smile and looks like a happy and friendly young man!

    ReplyDelete